There’s a new look for Yaletown this year! You may have even seen it on a Canada Line train already.
Working with the Yaletown-based ad agency, Spring Advertising, we’ve begun rolling the new branding. Be on the lookout as the new look for Yaletown changes – we’ll even be rolling out a new website this summer!
The Yaletown BIA’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) is on June 27, 2014. During the AGM, Yaletown business-owners/managers will learn about upcoming plans for the neighbourhood including marketing and beautification initiatives. Following the meeting will be a short briefing from Metro Vancouver on the upcoming changes to the city’s recycling policies.
The Yaletown BIA Annual General Meeting is open to members only. All businesses within commercial spaces in the city defined boundaries are Yaletown members – click here to see if your business is within the Yaletown boundaries or call the Yaletown BIA at (604) 683-7473.
- Where: Hamilton Street Grill – 1009 Hamilton St, Vancouver BC
- When: Friday, June 27, 2014 starting at 9:00am
- Pre-registration required for voting rights Pre-registration is now closed. You may register to attend, but you will not receive voting rights at this time
To register your attendance at the AGM, click here »
If you’re not able to attend the meeting, but wish to assign a proxy*, download proxy form »
* For your proxy to qualify for a vote, authorization must be received no less than 21 days prior to the meeting. Your proxy must be a qualified member within the Yaletown BIA.
TripAdvisor has awarded Yaletown a Certificate of Excellence for earning top ratings from TripAdvisor travelers.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to review, rank, and be a part of what makes Yaletown a great place to visit, live and work in.
Vancouver, B.C. (April 13, 2014) – Michael Doyle has been appointed President of Toptable Group, announced Francesco Aquilini, Managing Partner, Aquilini Group (AG). In his new role, Mr. Doyle will be responsible for the overall operation and performance of the award-winning group comprising of four renowned restaurants – Araxi, CinCin, Blue Water Cafe, and West – as well as celebrated chocolaterie, patisserie, and cafe, Thierry.
“I am thrilled to have Michael leading the Toptable Group team,” stated Aquilini. “With over two decades of food and beverage management and operations experience, Michael will continue the legacy for which these extraordinary restaurants are known.”Mr. Doyle commenced his capacity as President of Toptable Group on March 18, 2014 and will work closely with Toptable Group founder Jack Evrensel – now engaged in a consulting capacity – for a seamless transition and continuity of the high-level experience guests have come to expect.
Previously, Mr. Doyle served as Vice President, Food & Beverage as part of a ten-year career with Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. In Toronto, he oversaw the food and beverage operations at the Air Canada Centre, BMO Field, and Ricoh Coliseum. He designed and built E11even and Real Sports Bar & Grill, which was voted North America sports bar of the year in 2010, both located in Maple Leaf Square. Mr. Doyle spent ten years in senior management positions with The Club House Restaurant in California and The Walt Disney Company, and is currently part of the executive team at Aquilini Group.
Mr. Doyle’s success in the industry can be attributed to his ongoing pursuit of excellence, unwavering passion and commitment to provide first-class food and premium hospitality experiences.
One of Canada’s leading hospitality groups, Toptable Group has four elegant, yet approachable, restaurants in Vancouver and Whistler: Araxi, CinCin, Blue Water Cafe and West, as well as the chocolaterie, patisserie and café, Thierry. More information can be found online atwww.toptable.ca.MEDIA CONTACTS
604 836 8005
For the first time ever, twelve Vancouver area business improvement associations have united to kick off a city-wide initiative called Black Friday Vancouver. From November 29th to December 1st, Vancouver retailers, spas and restaurants will be offering amazing deals and activities to drive holiday sales and keep locals shopping at home.
The American Crew Competition is about innovation, style and some of the most talented hair stylists in the world.
As a Country winner – Finalists will receive national press coverage, recognition as the top stylists from their country, and a chance to be selected as one of the 15 finalists to represent their country at the Global competition.
Moods Hair Salon
1070 Mainland St,
Vancouver, BC V6B 2T4
Getting us ready for Halloween, The Roundhouse Community Centre helped kick off the spooky season with Thrill the World Vancouver!
As part of an annual event international event, Thrill the World brings together like-minded zombies to dance to Michael Jackson’s classic “Thriller”. This year, Thrill the World happened at the Roundhouse Turntable on Saturday October 26.
Taste of Yaletown will be hosting its 9th anniversary in 2013. Bringing together the talents of chefs with culinary treasures in the best dining district in Vancouver, Taste of Yaletown is a showcase of tastes, treats, sips and sights.
From October 16th-27th, Yaletown kitchens will offer featured menus, special tastings and innovative pairings to tempt the most adventurous foodie. With a fresh approach to fixed price menus of $25, $35 and $45 restaurants will offer any combination of food and drink or even special in-house events.
Photo Credit: Raj Taneja
Vancouver, BC (September 25, 2013): Emad Yacoub, Proprietor of The GLOWBAL COLLECTION has been named Restaurateur of the Year at the 25th Annual Pinnacle Awards. Yacoub will accept the prestigious national accolade at a special 25th anniversary luncheon to be held December 6, at Toronto’s Fairmont Royal York Hotel.
The annual awards are organized by Kostuch Media Limited, publishers of Foodservice and Hospitality and Hotelier magazines, to recognize Canada’s most worthy culinary and hospitality professionals. Winners are selected based on their contributions to the image of the industry through civic, educational and community involvement, as well as their efforts in establishing innovative concepts in foodservice or hotel management.
Yacoub is the driving force behind Vancouver’s largest restaurant group, which counts eight restaurants, two lounges and two take-out establishments within its growing collection. Yacoub will open a second location of his popular Trattoria, in West Vancouver in 2014. Currently, The GLOWBAL COLLECTION employs a team of more than 750.
“I am now in the company of national hospitality leaders who have made Canada distinct through food, service and places for people to come together and enjoy themselves,” says Yacoub. “That is a source of terrific pride that I share — by accepting this award — with my entire hardworking team and my partner in business and life, my wife Shannon Bosa-Yacoub.”
For more information, please visit: foodserviceandhospitality.com
About The GLOWBAL COLLECTION
The GLOWBAL COLLECTION is comprised of eight restaurants: glowbal grill steaks & satay, COAST Restaurant, Italian Kitchen, Trattoria Italian Kitchen, SOCIETY, Black+Blue, The Fish Shack, and The Roof; two IK2GO locations; and two lounges: AFTERglow and O Lounge. The energy, bustle and allure of these celebrated Vancouver restaurants are what most people notice first. In addition, flawless service, exquisite wine lists, and some of the most inventive, celebrated cuisine in Vancouver define every restaurant in the collection. glowbalgroup.com.
Check out The GLOWBAL COLLECTION blog for the latest news on all the restaurants.
Congratulations to the Yaletown establishments that is part of Georgia Straight’s Best of Vancouver 2013.
- Fine Finds, 1014 Mainland, Best gift shop #1
- The Cross Decor & Design, 1198 Homer, Best home accessory/décor store #3
- Mac Station, Best computer store (independent) #3
- TD Canada Trust, Best place to get a mortgage #2
- RBC Royal Bank, Best place to get a mortgage #3
- TD Canada Trust, Best place to buy RRSPs #1
- RBC Royal Bank, Best place to buy RRSPs #3
Media, Arts & Culture
- Bar None, 1222 Hamilton, Best nightclub #2
- Flight Centre, Best travel agency #1
- Opus Hotel, 322 Davie, Best boutique hotel (Metro Vancouver) #2
Food & Drink
- Blue Water Café & Raw Bar, 1095 Hamilton, Restaurant wine list (International) #1
- Cioppino’s Mediterranean Grill, Restaurant wine list (International) #2
- Starbucks, Best coffee shop #1
- Cactus Club Cafe, Best restaurant (chain) #1
- Earls Restaurant, Best restaurant (chain) #2
- Milestones Grill + Bar, Best restaurant (chain) #3
- Milestones Grill + Bar, Best restaurant for brunch #2
- Provence Marinaside, Best restaurant for brunch #3
- The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, Best restaurant for meat #3
- Cactus Club Cafe,Best restaurant to work for #1
- The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, Best restaurant to work for #3
- Cactus Club Cafe,Best restaurant bathroom #1
- Earls Restaurant,Best restaurant bathroom #3
- Brooklyn Clothing Co., 418 Davie, Best men’s clothing store (independent) #3
- Gateau Lingerie Company, 1020 Mainland, Best place for sweet little nothings
- Skoah, Best spa (chain) #3
- Skoah, Best place to get a facial #1
- Shoppers Drug Mart, Best place to buy cosmetics #3
- Pure Nail Bar, Best salon for a manicure/pedicure #1
- Splashie Nail Bar, Best express mani
- iDaburn salons, 1073 Cambie, Best hair salon #2
- Avant Garde Hair Studio, 1075 Mainland, Best place to give your locks a lift
- Sugarbox Waxing Boutique, 202-1290 Homer, Best place to get a bikini wax #1
- Stripped Ladies and Gents Wax Bar, Best place to get a bikini wax #3
- Sunscape Tanning Studios, Best place for a beach-ready tan #1
- Bemoved Pictures, 328-1085 Homer, Best baby photographer #2
- Randal Kurt Photography, Best wedding photographer #1
Mind, Body & Soul
- Steve Nash Fitness World, Best gym (men) #1
- Steve Nash Fitness World, Best gym (women) #1
- Exhale Yoga Pilates & Dance Studios Inc, 1083 Cambie, Best dance studio #3
- YYoga, Best yoga studio #1
- Bikram Yoga, Best yoga studio #3
- Exhale Yoga Pilates & Dance Studios Inc, 1083 Cambie, Best pilates studio #2
- Aarm Dental Group, Best dental clinic #1
- Roundhouse Community Centre, Best community centre #2
Yaletown on Facebook
- Yaletown Canadaline Photo Contest July 25, 2014
- Yaletown Community BBQ Receives Overwhelming Response June 19, 2014
- Vancouver Marks Women’s FIFA World Cup Arrival in 2015 June 6, 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010