The mission of the Yaletown Business Improvement Association (BIA) is to strengthen the neighbourhood’s economy by marketing Yaletown as a preferred destination for shopping, dining and exploring.
With more than 900 business members, the Yaletown BIA operates year-round to provide customer hospitality. The Yaletown BIA supports the neighbourhood, city, and province through open communication.
How does the Yaletown BIA get funded?
The Yaletown BIA is entirely funded by the commercial properties which fall within the official BIA boundaries, as set by the City of Vancouver (see the YBIA map for these boundaries).
Each year, the volunteer BIA Board of Directors determines the programming and budget needs for the upcoming year, and the members vote on this at the Annual General Meeting. A levy payment is then collected from each member to enact the budget and programming plan.
This ensures that the activities and priorities of the Yaletown BIA are entirely member driven for the benefit of Yaletown. See the current strategic plan here (file size: 9MB).
- Annette O’Shea, Executive Director, email@example.com
- Nicole Corrado, Operations Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jillian Ong, Project Manager, email@example.com
- Susanna Killander, Marketing and Communications Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
Board Members – Executive Committee Officers
- Wendy Derzai, President
- Nicholas Gandossi, Vice President
- Michael LaPrairie, Secretary
- Neil Wyles, Treasurer
- Jaclyn Callaghan
At-Large Board Members
- Stephanie Bonn
- Daniel Burke
- Arkun Durmaz
- Luis Giraldo
- Hodie Rondeau
- Dayton Turner
- Jeff Wong
Yaletown BIA Awards and Accolades
- International Downtown Association Award of Excellence for Economic Development
- International Downtown Association Award of Merit for Public Space and Public Realm Improvements
- International Downtown Association Award of Excellence Creating Member Partnerships in Marketing
- BIABC Award of Merit for Heritage Bring Back the Bricks Marketing Campaign
- BIABC Award of Excellence for Crisis Management and Member Engagement to Save Parking Spaces
- Heritage BC Recognition Award for restoration of heritage bricks