The mission of the Yaletown Business Improvement Association (BIA) is to strengthen the neighbourhood’s economy by marketing Yaletown as a preferred destination for shopping, dining and exploring.
With more than 700 business members, the Yaletown BIA operates year-round to provide customer hospitality.
How does the Yaletown BIA get funded?
The Yaletown BIA is entirely funded by the commercial properties which fall within the official BIA boundaries, as set by the City of Vancouver (see the YBIA map for these boundaries).
Each year, the volunteer BIA Board of Directors determines the programming and budget needs for the upcoming year, and the members vote on this at the Annual General Meeting. A levy payment is then collected from each member to enact the budget and programming plan.
This ensures that the activities and priorities of the Yaletown BIA are entirely members driven for the benefit of Yaletown. See the current strategic plan here (file size: 9MB).
- Annette O’Shea, Executive Director | email@example.com
- Ken Hsueh, Operations Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victor Hwangbo, Marketing Coordinator | email@example.com
- Drew MacDonald, Event Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
Board Members – Executive Committee Officers
- Nicholas Gandossi, Opus Hotel – President
- Arkun Durmaz, Mavi – Vice President
- Michael LaPrairie, Century21 – Secretary
- Neil Wyles, skoah – Treasurer
- Jaclyn Callaghan, New Oxford
At-Large Board Members
- Stephanie Bonn, BeWellness
- Luis Giraldo, Karameller
- Marie Oyama, Divine Vines
- Dayton Turner, Voxter Communications
- Jeff Wong, Swirl Wine Store
Yaletown BIA Awards and Accolades
- International Downtown Association Award of Excellence for Economic Development for “Yaletown Area Dining Card” (2016)
- International Downtown Association Award of Excellence for Public Space and Public Realm Improvements for “Bring Back the Bricks” (2016)
- BIABC Award of Excellence for Creating Member Partnerships in Marketing (2011)
- BIABC Award of Merit for Heritage “Bring Back the Bricks” Marketing Campaign (2017)
- BIABC Award of Excellence for Crisis Management and Member Engagement to Save Parking Spaces (2018)
- Heritage BC Recognition Award for restoration of heritage bricks (2017)
- Georgia Straight’s Best of Vancouver (2nd place) Runner-up for Best Neighbourhood (2018)
- Vancouver Courier’s STARS of Vancouver 2019 for Best Neighbourhood (2019)