Title: Marketing and Operations Coordinator
The Marketing & Operations Coordinator will work with an array of marketing, communications, event production and operational tasks. The Marketing & Operations Coordinator is accountable for executing and reporting on a variety of internal and external projects. The Marketing & Operations Coordinator will work either independently or with a small team to support the work of the Project Manager and Executive Director. This is a full time, permanent position.
- Continually create content for Yaletown BIA’s website and social media channels
- Develop and implement social media campaigns and ensure consistency and accuracy in messaging and content
- Monitor brand-related conversations online
- Draft advertising and promotional content
- Analyze metrics and insights and produce concise reports communicating campaign outcomes
- Work with the Project Manager to coordinate day-to-day activities that lead to the completion of projects and tasks
- Assist marketing team and Executive Director as required
- Support with event marketing, planning, coordination and execution of event, trade show or networking session
- Maintain timelines and event budget
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Provide advice, assistance, information and direction to a variety of visitors and business members in a concise, courteous and tactful manner in sometimes difficult circumstances
- Daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the BIA
- Track and manage contractors’ invoices and work completion, and compare these documents to the relevant budget.
- Identify and recruit contractors to complete various indoor and outdoor tasks. This may include; event suppliers, event talent, electrical/tent/signage/repair contractors.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or relevant field
- At least 3 years work experience in marketing and communications
- At least 4 years work experience in customer service
- At least 2 years work experience in social media management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Basic skills in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and HTML
- Experience using Hootsuite and Mailchimp
- Strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally with executives, managers and all levels of employees
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in business English
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines and manage external contractors
- Previous experience in managing budgets
- Administrative skills, including ability to manage emails/phone calls on a timely and consistent basis Ability to meet the physical demands of the job which include working/standing/walking at outdoor events in varying weather conditions, carry boxes, moving a loaded handcart to/from an event site.
- Physically fit with ability to carry medium weight event supplies and work long festival and trade show days
- Flexible to work longer hours during busy marketing and event periods
- Coordinate teams of volunteers and contractors at our events and public realm.
The following skills are not required but would be an asset to the position:
- Strong connection within the Vancouver arts community
- Experience managing musicians, actors, performers and vendors
- Previous experience in the tourism industry
- Previous experience working with a non-profit
- Fluent in a 2nd language with proven business vocabulary to assist in tourism marketing. Preferred languages include; Swedish, Spanish, French or Mandarin.
Type: Full time, Associate
Start date: September 2018 with a 3 month probation
Compensation: $38,000-$42,000 annually. Compensation will be commensurate with the skills of the selected individual.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only applicants that are of interest to the Yaletown Business Improvement Association will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Annette O’Shea (email@example.com).