Looking to Start, Grow or Leverage an Innovation within your Business?
Join us at the 2019 Vancouver Small Business Information Expo (SBIE)
The 2019 Vancouver SBIE will feature face-to-face opportunities to interact with experts from over 50 support programs who provide valuable resources to small businesses.
When: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Where: Roundhouse Community Arts and Recreation Centre
In addition to the 50+ programs that will be exhibiting, we will host presentations on:
Innovation Lightning Round 9:00 – 9:30 am
- Rapid-fire presentations of programs which support R&D of innovative goods and services with combined annual contributions of ~$900 million in direct funding and $3.3 billion in indirect funding
Selling to Government 10:00 – 11:00 am
- Interested in selling to the public sector? This panel brings together purchasing specialists from different levels of government who will help you understand the processes for government contracting.
Access to Financing 2:00 – 3:00 pm
- Looking for sources of capital? Want us to show you the money? This panel will bring together government representatives who will provide you with information on various financing (loans & grants) programs and resources available to your business.
New to the SBIE for 2019, OSME will offer two interactive Master Class sessions (space limited) on government procurement topics:
Bid Evaluation Master Class 1:30 – 2:30 pm
- Get a “glimpse behind the curtain” from procurement professionals on the process used to evaluate bids and award contracts for the federal government. Learn about mandatory and point-rated criteria, the basis of selection, and the kinds of questions which can be asked during the process.
ProServices Master Class 3:00 – 3:30 pm
- If you want to supply professional services to the government of Canada, you may have to go through the ProServices method of supply. It has 13 streams covering 158 categories including IT, HR, consulting, project management, maintenance, engineering and more! This session will help you understand how to get your business on the ProServices supply arrangement, how the government uses ProServices to connect with suppliers and the schedule for bid evaluation and award.
To promote accessibility, sign language interpretation (ASL) will be available on-site. Please indicate with your registration if you will need this service. The ASL version of this content can be found at https://youtu.be/bpCwUDEtLKo
**Please note that seating at the panel and Master Class sessions is limited, and on a first-come, first-serve basis.**