Celebrate 20 years of arts, recreation and community at the Roundhouse 20th Anniversary! Join us for family activities, performances, drop-in arts, dance and fitness workshops, and so much more.
FAMILY ZONE IN THE GYM (11am-12pm, 1-4pm)
- Madam Beespeaker – Using paint, pencils, and transfer paper, participants will explore the shapes and colours of Vancouver’s bees and the flowers that feed them.
- Iris Film Collective – A camera less filmmaking workshop to celebrate the Roundhouse’s 20th Anniversary
- Cosmic Collage – a collage in shiny, colourful vinyl all along our gym wall
- Yarn Around – our Roundhouse yarn/performance residency, put your personal touch on our community art project
- Obstacle course – fun for the whole family – try your skills on all the apparatus!
ROUNDHOUSE FOYER (11am-12pm, 1-4pm)
- Jazz in the Mews – Join our talented weekend music series musicians for a mini concert in the Foyer!
- Tricoter – re-creates the spirit of a knitting circle . The dance winds and unwinds through and around the public who are arranged in the round.
ROOM B (11am-12pm, 1-4pm)
Free Fitness Drop-in Sessions with some of our longtime instructors
- Tai Chi Chuan with Laurens
- Cardio Core with Edouardo
- Line Dancing with Phillis
- Yoga with Kathryn
- Hip Hop Culture (Youth)
DANCE STUDIO (11am-12pm, 1-4pm)
Dance Class Drop-in Sessions with some of our longtime instructors
- Yoga with Lori
- Groovazon with Gustavo
- Sweat House with Valentina
- Ballroom Dance with Barney
- Zumba with Luglio
EXHIBITION HALL MAIN STAGE (12-4pm)
Public performances by longstanding arts partners and artist in residence projects
- Opening speeches from the Mayor’s office, the Park Board Commissioners, and the Roundhouse Society
- Talking Stick Festival
- Roundhouse Community DancersBluebird North’s Shari Ulrich
- Kokoro Dance
- Pride in Art
- Roundhouse Youth Theatre Action Group
- All Bodies Dance
- Back Pocket Singers
EXHIBITION HALL (12-4pm)
Free Celebratory Cake! (while supplies last) (12:30pm)
- Pottery & Woodworking Demonstrations
- Pottery Sale
- Woodworking Display
- Secret Lantern Workshop
GREAT HALL (11am-12pm, 1-4pm)
- Bird Week Exhibition – the final day of the very popular Bird Week Exhibition
- Roundhouse Board Info Booth – chat with Board members about what they do, how to join our Board
- Roundhouse Seat Fundraiser – help us raise money for our soon to be installed new seats!
- Program Retrospective Exhibition – a fun display of our program guides…there’ve been a few
- Roundhouse Archives display – photos, posters, postcards and more from the last 20 years
MEZZANINE (11am-12pm, 1-4pm)
- Roundhouse Heritage Gallery – We’ll showcasing our new stairs with its fun design to draw people up to our history exhibit on the second floor of the Roundhouse. Just head towards the turquoise blue.
PERFORMANCE CENTRE (1-4pm)
Feel free to check out the Performance Centre, watch the video series at your leisure, chat with our staff – just generally be nosy!
- The Roundhouse Video Stories Series on the big screen – a fascinating look at the Roundhouse and Yaletown’s history
- Help us raise money for our new seats! Chat to a Board member to see how you can help our PC become more comfortable for your tush!
ENGINE 374 (11am-4pm)
Always a hit with families (ring the bell!), train buffs, and anyone who happens to stroll by and wonder about that GIANT locomotive sitting at the corner of Davie & Pacific.
- Knowledgeable West Coast Railway Association volunteers in the Engine 374 Pavilion eagerly await your questions about the first locomotive to pull a trans-continental passenger train across Canada in 1887.