Bill Curtis Square is changing every season with new pop-up art.
At Bill Curtis Square
Bill Curtis Square has become Yaletown's brightest and most artistic and “Instagrammable” spaces all year round since 2018. The BIA has curated numerous art hanging installations themed around seasons and events, and has invited artists to display their creative work to the public.
Bill Curtis Square has become Yaletown’s brightest and most artistic and “Instagrammable” spaces all year round since 2018. The BIA has curated numerous art hanging installations themed around seasons and events, and has invited artists to display their creative work to the public.
Love is In the Air
I'm an artist and I want to be a part of "The Gallery"
The suspension structure is a rectangular grid of aircraft cable, 12 cables suspended from 6 harnessed trees, with a perimeter and center cable for stability, hanging 15 feet up in the sky as shown in this diagram:
In order for your concept to join with “The Gallery” it must meet the following requirements:
- The installation must weigh < 100 lbs as a combined total when suspended from the wire grid
- All items in the display must be weatherproof (sun, rain, snow, wind)
- All items must be vandal proof (no moving parts to grab or fall)
- All items must be able to be anchored safety onto aircraft cable
- No items may suspend lower that than 12 feet of clearance from the ground (wires are 15 feet so 3 feet hang or slack is available on cables)
- The display must be a good choice for the community and not be offensive in any way. Joyful and inspiring creations are best.
- All items may light up but can only use 19 AMPS of power
- All items must be able to be purchased in multiples, and must be affordable within a modest budget
- We prefer concepts that are environmentally friendly or are recycled or reused materials
- The installation must look great suspended.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest and support!